Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day Tea with Rachel



Rachel's class had a Mother's Day Tea. Each of the kids wrote a book of poems for their mom, and they were just adorable performing them for us. The poem Rachel reads in the video clip is one she wrote called "My Mom". It's kind of hard to understand her, but she says:


Her hands are like a soft, warm blanket.


Her hair is like a silky brown pillow.


Her face is like a beautiful pale rose.


Her voice is like jingling bells.


Her smile is like the happiness I feel when I am around her.


Rachel knows just how to melt my heart! Some of the other kids' poems were really funny, like "her voice is like a yapping puppy." That mom wasn't so impressed! Another one said "her voice is like a loud microphone." I really appreciate my daughter being so generous and loving with me, can't complain about jingling bells!


Here is Rachel with some of her favorite friends, Sami and Claire. They are all little performers, and loved having a camera pointing at them.


3 comments:

Janessa Couch said...

What a fun thing for her class to do to celebrate Mothers. I always look forward to the fun little gifts that the girls make at their school. I received a flower that we will find out soon enough exactly what it is, Lindsay forgot the name of it. I hope that it lasts long enough to find out.

Patty said...

Rachel that was a very sweet poem. What a perfect way to describe your Mother.

tamster17 said...

How cute is that!!! What a fun thing for Rachel's class to do! Makes all that you do and go through as a mom totally worth it for a moment like that! :-)